The Rotary Club of Downers Grove is now accepting applications for their annual Charles Dickerman Music Scholarship.
Each year the Rotary Club of Downers Grove presents a $2,000 scholarship check to a deserving high school senior who resides in Downers Grove or the District 99 attendance area. Charles Dickerman was a founding member of the Rotary Club of Downers Grove. He was a nuclear physicist at Argonne National Laboratory who had undergraduate degrees in both physics and music. Charles stayed involved in music throughout his life and was an avid bagpiper.
A scholarship application can be downloaded at www.dgrotary.com.
Applicants must have their forms postmarked by March 30, 2016. If selected as a finalist, candidates must be available for an interview and audition in the evening of April 19, 2016.
The qualifications to apply for this scholarship are:
· Be a graduating senior attending a public, private, parochial or home school, and reside in Downers Grove or the High School District 99 attendance area.
· Plan to pursue a post-secondary education program.
· Have participated in high school curricular music activities and/or extracurricular music activities.
· Composers and/or arrangers qualify for this scholarship.
· Pursuit of an undergraduate music major or minor is not required.
· Financial need is not a criterion for selection.