Rotary Music Scholarship applications now being accepted!
The Rotary Club of Downers Grove is now accepting applications for their annual Charles Dickerman Music Scholarship. Each year the Rotary Club of Downers Grove gives a $2000 scholarship check to a deserving high school senior who resides in Downers Grove or the District 99 attendance area. Charles Dickerman was a founding member of the Rotary Club of Downers Grove. He was a nuclear physicist at Argonne National Laboratory who had undergraduate degrees in both physics and music. Charles stayed involved in music throughout his life and was an avid bagpiper.
A scholarship application can be downloaded at www.dgrotary.com.
Applicants must have their forms postmarked by March 4, 2015. If selected as a finalist, candidates must be available for an interview and audition in the evening of March 24, 2015.
The qualifications to apply for this scholarship are:
· Be a graduating senior attending a public, private, parochial or home school, and reside in Downers Grove or the High School District 99 attendance area.
· Plan to pursue a post-secondary education program.
· Have participated in high school curricular music activities and/or extracurricular music activities.
· Composers and/or arrangers qualify for this scholarship.
· Pursuit of an undergraduate music major or minor is not required.
· Financial need is not a criterion for selection.